Sunday, March 6, 2011



Modele 6

I've used Youtube quite a bit when I want to know how to do something like how to make calizones. I watch and listen and follow. Youtube for me is like having a personal teacher right with me to teach me or show me how to do things I don't know how to do.

As far as utilizing it in a library setting. Well, I think back a couple of years ago when I had the bright idea to first show my students how to use our library browser by video taping myself going through the steps. I had my clerk video me and after several takes we got it. I saved it to my desktop and showed all of my classes that week. It worked wonders. After the visual we were able to take questions and replace/review the answers. The kids were then able to take the lesson with them and proceed to use the browser.

I realized that kids had a powerful visual to aide the instruction. Youtube is that sort of tool for visual instruction and in a library setting...wow! Many many lessons could be placed on Youtube to be utilized by all patrons of a school. A link could be added on the home page for kids to have access to no matter where they are...at home on a computer, driving in a car using a cell phone or in another classroom with a teacher streaming to the classroom computer.

I feel it's a powerful tool to enhance education.

No comments:

Post a Comment