Thursday, March 10, 2011

module 11

Podcasting

If you are a great auditory type person then podcasting is the way to go! I enjoyed listening to some of the podcasts I found and supplied in the module. I particularly liked the one "Booktalks Quick and Simple" by Nancy Keane. Now that I could really use in my library. Kids could connect to my site and have this link and hear booktalks. Commercials for books...how neat! Made me want to go and check the books out and read them right now!

I found another site from Podcasting.com where one could learn how to speak spanish. That was quite neat. I'd have to listen to it many many times. And that is the beauty of the podcasting...listening to it over and over again. And don't forget ARCHIVES!

Gardening is a hobby I absolutely adore! I found several wonderful podcasts on gardening tips. Quite helpful.

The only drawback to me about podcasts...as I said earlier, if you are a great auditory type person, you'll love this. I miss the visualness of it all.

I think this would be yet another useful tool for librarians to have in their bag of library goodies! Having a podcast of booktalks, upcoming events, missed lessons, new lessons, how to do stuff in the library, etc...is something this could be used for in a library.

No comments:

Post a Comment