Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Module 9

Chat! Chat! Chat!

I really like this chatting thing online and via phone! It's weird, I don't like talking on the phone but I love chatting online and texting on the phone. I'm not a phanatic about it, but I use it to keep in touch with family and close friends! I use the chat from facebook a lot. It's neat to talk to those night owls that are still up. I found chatting via my email pretty easy. I clicked my status available and waited and had a friend do me the honor. It was cool. We made plans for a future get together.

Chatting online is a great idea for libraries. I think having the opportunity embedded in the library's website home page is the best way to go. It gives patrons the chance to ask a question, get advice, or just find out some information during business hours. Gosh, this does save time. No waiting in lines, no waiting on the phone, no getting in the car to actually get to a library to find the busy librarian and ask a question. Yea!Yea!Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment